Built in 1625–1743, the church is a late Baroque church, characterized by rich decoration and plastic facades.
A brick, two-tower, single-nave church with a presbytery narrower and lower than the nave and a semicircular apse. It is part of the ensemble of the former Benedictine monastery (17th–19th centuries). The church is connected to the monastery by a corridor. On the southwestern side of the church is the Chapel of Providence, designed by Kristupas Glaubits.
During and after World War II, the church and the monastery suffered greatly, and many valuable works of art disappeared. During the Soviet era, the church belonged to the Vilnius Art Museum. A warehouse was equipped in it, and the monastery premises housed offices and apartments. In 1994, restoration work on the church began. In 1998, the restoration of the upper parts of both towers was completed.
The restored church was opened on May 27, 2006. The main nave is adapted for concerts (250 seats), the basements are planned to be used for exhibitions, and the rooms around the main nave will be used for rehearsals by Vilnius City Municipality artistic groups and chamber events.